Progress Clock is published by Progress Clock Media for Development Services, a media enterprise registered with Nigeria's Corporate Affairs Commission and based in Abuja, Nigeria. Progress Clock publishes solutions-based features and analysis weekly.
This policy answers the following questions:
i. Who are we? How can you reach us?
Data collected through our platforms are kept and controlled by Progress Clock Media for Development Services. If you want to reach us for clarifications, you can contact us through:
Mail: Plot 358, behind Cherryfield College, Abuja
You may freely ask us to:
· Delete your personal data with us
· Stop processing your personal data with us
· Correct your personal information with us
· Send your personal information to other parties you may specify
NOTE: The exercise of your above-listed rights is not absolute. It depends on the situation. Also, you must reach us first for clarification and possible resolution before instituting any lawsuit against us.
ii. What information do we collect? How do we collect it? How do we store it?
When you visit our website at www.progressclock.com, you automatically give us the right to collect information about you. When you subscribe to our newsletter, buy our product, use our service and updates, you automatically grant us the right to collect information about you.
When you use any of our services that require you to log in or post a comment, you give us the right to collect information about you. When you participate in our surveys, you give us the right to collect information about you. And when you download our content and products like our mobile applications and archived content, you give us the right to collect information about you. When you insert your registration details into any of our service platforms, you give us the right to collect information about you. And when you request a service such as advertising, you give us the right to collect information about you.
NOTE: When you sign in to a Progress Clock account or platforms, you automatically authorize Progress Clock to collect, store and use the ID associated with your personal account with which you logged onto our platform or your account on our platform. When you access your Progress Clock account or interface with it through your social network account and identity, you authorize Progress Clock to collect, store and use your personal information associated with the account you logged in with.
Here is more data we collect:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- IP address
- Your location
Progress Clock or our assigned representatives or agents or data provider would use the below-outlined browser cookies for the associated purposes:
- To help us ascertain the number of visitors coming to our website and other platforms, we use Performance or analytical cookies
- We use website maintenance-specific cookies to keep our site up and running
- To track the pages you interact with on our website, we use target cookies that further enable us to provide better and person-specific services like tailored advertisements for your benefit.
Progress Clock further uses these cookies and other technologies to collect and keep your personal data. Some of the cookies we place on your browser for information collection and analysis purpose include:
- Google Analytics
iv. Location information
We want to tailor certain services for you. This would not be possible if we do not have your device location data like IP address, zip code, the kind of device used to access our service and platform, and GPS function features. The services to be tailored include advertisements, and so we may share your location-based information with our advertisers, vendors, and agents.
v. What we do with your information
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the reasons you gave such information
- To send you reminders and other product/service information through email, SMS, notifications, etc
- To keep you informed about new products and features.
- To enable us to respond to your requests
- To reach you in case we have the information we think might be useful to you
- To generate and analyse your interaction with our service, website, or other social platforms
- To know the kind of content you like consuming so we can mirror further content for your specific interest
- To get feedback from you through pools, surveys, and other measuring tools
- To examine how useful and accurate our service to you is
- To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of our Services
- To administer and troubleshoot our systems and Services.
vi. How long do we hold your information?
We would hold and use your data for as long as the purpose demands. But we may cease to hold and use your information if you object to the use of such information or if you withdraw your consent.
However, if we are mandated by law to hold your information for specific purposes or until a pending issue is resolved or to defend a legal claim, we would keep your personal data until the matter at hand is settled.
Vii. Legal boundaries